- 2013 cooperation with the Constitutional Court of the Czech Republic: terminology management
- 2011 course for applicants for appointment as a court interpreter / KST ČR
- 2010 trade licence
- 2010 course for translators of legal texts II. / KST ČR
- 2010 BA: Law and Business / Faculty of Law MU
- 2010 MA: English-language translation and Portuguese / Faculty of Arts MU
- 2009/10 traineeship at the European Commission
- 2009 course for translators of legal texts I. / KST ČR
- 2008 Certificate of Proficiency in English
- 2007 BA: Portuguese and Modern Greek
- born in Brno
Please find more detailed information in my CV. [PDF, 87 kB]
Mgr. Alena Tomešová
I am a translator, proofreader and interpreter based in Brno, Czech Republic. I have long been interested in languages and my passion turned into my job. I spent several years studying, working and travelling abroad and now I am taking advantage of the experience gained.
Apart from languages, I am interested in IT and modern technologies and I teach corpus linguistics (computer processing of large amounts of texts and software tools for linguists and translators) and translation for the EU at the Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University in Brno. I am a doctoral student of English language there and specialize in Legal English and corpus linguistics.